Saturday, October 22, 2011

Piles

This is my "office" - yes, it's at the end of the dining room table and, no - you don't see quite everything. Just enough to give you an idea...on the floor around me there are 4 book bags, yes 4. One for Storytelling class, one for Intro to Church Ed. class, one for CCU classes, and one to catch all the other stuff that has no place to go. On the windowsill behind me is my "bookshelf" - rather sorry allotment right now - only 7 books - usually it's full of books unless of course its acting like all other windowsills and being well, just a windowsill.
But I've decided to "like" my office - it's central to the family - no one can come or go without me knowing,unless of course they use the back door or the side door, but I still know they are coming or going because I have a handy dandy window to my left that lets me see right down the alley. I don't have far to go to answer the door, change the laundry, or get coffee.
I do all three -- often.
My pile tells me that I am blessed. I have more than most.
I have a laptop - access to the entire world in seconds. I have the blessing of education and the privilege of teaching. I have God's Word - and I don't have to hide it.
I have fun - Hoops and YoYo make me laugh.

Then there's this pile. It just arrived today...rather unexpectantly - but I like it.
This pile says that my boys (and girls) have friends. It says that this person is comfortable at my house - they didn't mind leaving a pile and they knew I wouldn't mind either...and that makes me smile. I rather like having them hang out here too. It also tells me they like to smell nice and they like Mountain Dew...I'll keep the Mt. Dew part in mind for the next time they come.

Then there's this pile...it's been here a few days...in my dining room.
This pile says..."I'll be back." I know this because it's their favorite hat and jacket.

Then I found this pile, slightly contained but a little overflowing...full of stuff...of activity...it tells a story of who we are...not too neat, not too messy...sports is a big part of who we are. Some families have instruments, others have art, we have sports stuff...lots and lots of sports stuff...everywhere...from the man cave on third to the lowest level you will find sports gear...
golf, baseball, softball, tennis, basketball, football, ski stuff, snowboard stuff, volleyball, hunting stuff, bikes and bike stuff, ohhhh the stuff we have!!! AND then... that red helmet tells the loss of mother's authority and the emerging manhood of my sons...pray for me - I mean it!

Now...this is another pile of stuff....it warms my heart...this belongs to us...the females of this house...we don't have stuff like the guys already mentioned...we contain all our wisdom and earthly possessions in bags such as these. Well, not really, but it's another pile and it gives me warm fuzzies because I know who these bags belong too...my girls and I. The bags represent fun times, shopping together just to find the right bag. They represent home schooling together. They represent sharing as in - "Hey, do you have a chapstick?" or "Can I have a piece of your gum?" or the most common, "Can I borrow a dollar?" Yep, love the girls that these bags belong too...and since one of the bags is mine...I'm learning to love me too....the person God made me to be. I'm finally discovering that God made me just the way he wanted me to be -- the sanguine, ever optimistic, extrovert. Oh how I've tried to change some of those traits...but they burst forth just as quickly as I try to squelch them....so you're stuck with me ... and my piles.

Yep, I've decided that piles are good.
Piles represent life.
Piles represent love.
Piles represent people.
Piles represent the very life of the people I love.
Gotta love my piles!

The End.

6 comments:

Bryan and Marsha said...

I love your piles because they welcome me to your home!! I love ya and wouldn't change a thing about you and your piles!!

Jana said...

I LOVE this post... what a comfort to me!! :-) I've been trying to work on a certain "pile" in my house without much success. Now, I think maybe I just need to change my attitude toward it. ... and those piles of shoes that always end up by my back door, I'm going to choose to enjoy them!! Great post!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Must be a family trait because I have piles too! Thanks for helping me to see the positive in piles instead of my usual response, "This stuff is driving me crazy!!!!" I also am thankful for laundry baskets because at the end of my week, all the piles downstairs end up in a basket to be sorted and put away until next week :)

Stephanie said...

Love your insight! Well written...a pleasure to read and a challenge to my own heart.

Thank you & hugs!

~Stephanie Phillips

The Dickinsons said...

Good post. Enjoyed reading this. =)

Love,
~Heather~

Panggang Ayam Marketing said...

AWESOME THE PROMOTION OF GIRL BEAUTIFUL SALES KLIK HERE VIDEO SABUNG AYAM

GOOD PRICE AND CHEAP
http://www.ayampanggang.net 


PLEASE PRICE DIRECTLY

https://panggangayammarketing.weebly.com/blog/ayam-pama-sang-ayam-pertarung-mematikan