Tuesday, May 20, 2008

From My Heart to Yours

Life presents all sorts of facets and phases...some you will only walk through once and for a short time, others are for longer periods and may be full of excitement and blessing while others are not for the faint of heart. I am continually learning that whatever my lot, or the phase I find myself in, there is always something to be gained from the experience. At times, I do not see the benefit, but if I will trust God with my life, I know that He will eventually show me (or may never choose to show me) the reasons why. In the last few weeks God has chosen to reveal Himself in ways I have not expected, but I have also experienced Him and His guidance in a way that I have never known. It has been an entirely different path than the "normal" - one that I would have avoided at all cost had I been asked to choose. However, in this particular part of the journey, I have seen and experienced things that I would never have known or understood. I understand the title "Bright and Morning Star" a little better. I understand "peace that passes all understanding" in a new way. Our recent Camp Meeting services were God-sent to my heart-- incredible messages that went to the deepest parts of my soul, reminding me of who I am ( a cracked pot - Brother Jones - Fri. AM) and who God is -- the all wise, all knowing, all powerful, one and only Yahweh.

Lest you feel I am waxing melancholy -- I am not -- I am smiling as I write. To know Him -- my deepest desire. He loves me so much that He walks with me, talks with me, and tells me I am His own. There is no greater blessing than His divine presence! I pray that all of you will also know Him as your Saviour, Brother, and Friend.

No comments: