Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Meijer Savings

Are you all still working on the coupons and checking out the grocery game? Some of you are -- thanks to those of you who have signed up under my account. I sure appreciate it!

Yesterday I saved close to 50% at Meijer. I'd show pics but the batteries are dead in the camera. I know, you're soooo disappointed!! Any way, I'll list some of me deals - if you don't have the grocery game but live close to a Meijer and clip coupons, you can get in on some of the "bargains."

Fiber One Yogurt - six pack -- $1.00 (bought 3)
Yoplait Fizzix Yogurt - 8 tubes -- $1.00 (bought 2)
Maxwell House Coffee - $.96
Dave's Famous BBQ Sauce - $.50 (bought 2)
KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce - Free
Frechetta Pizza Breadsticks - $1.00 (bought 2) They sell for $5.98 reg.! My kids will LOVE these!

These were just some of the best buys -- you have to have the coupons though to take full advantage.

Some things I've learned -- pull out old coupons from file on a regular basis. I pull them a week before and carry them with me or stock pile even though it might not be the lowest of low prices. Otherwise, I give them away to others or even lay them on the shelf next to the product for someone else to use.

Coupon cutting, sorting, filing, does take time but I put on some music, plan a hour to breathe slowly and get it done. When I see my grocery savings it's worth it! Yesterday I saved $67.34 with store sales and coupons.

Recently Meijer has had the better buys. Not sure why. I'm a major Kroger fan.

It pays to look at your receipt and ask questions at the counter. Yesterday I handed them a coupon printed from the Meijer register that said I was to save $5.00 on non-grocery items. I had purchased a stand-up fan for the girls and two long Bic Lighters for the grill (you had to spend $25.00) This took me just a few cents over the $25.00 requirement. Well, she took the coupon but it didn't register and besides that I had now "lost" it in the cash drawer. Long story short -- I went to the short line at the main office and explained the "dilemma." She told me that lighters and grill accessories count as grocery items - go figure! I told her that was fine but I still had "lost" my coupon! No problem - she pulled out a $5.00 bill and handed it to me! Thank you lady!!

The dear girl also gave me a rain check for an item I was to get free because of purchasing 5 Hungry Man dinners (This is a great way to keep growing teen boys and tired mamas happy at 10 or 11:00 at night!! Besides, they were on sale!)

That's it for the saga of the grocery store. I know Bryan, you're delighted!

5 comments:

Jon Pape said...

Meijer has lots of Printable Grocery Coupons in their Mealbox promotion (mealbox.meijer.com).

Kristina Clemens said...

Your family is so beautiful. Hard to believe they are getting so grown up. Scott always had fun playing ball with your boys. Beautiful...

Nancy said...

I enjoy reading about your bargains. Although I haven't yet decided about the whole grocery game thing, i did notice (with glee) that my total Meijer savings this week was $63.70....I couldn't believe it and I didn't even have any couplns to use. Now I'm imagining what if I DID have coupons....could be fun! (PS I alsoleft a comment on your bookstore posting) And one more thing, Happy Birthday to Anthony...I can't belive he's 16! He's a great kid!

Martha C said...

Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your scream on the GBS Blooper video. :-)
Saw ya a week and a half ago when we took a little swing through GBS.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I enjoy reading about your great savings, and am VERY interested in joining the Grocery Game! -Becky