Thursday, June 12, 2008

Kidz Adventure 2008 -- No one should have this much fun!

Christi, Kathryn, and Abbey
Friends since birth - if you can be friends that long!


On Wed. night the teams have to do a Bible skit that involves every member, is as least 5 to 8 minutes in length, includes music, and is creative.
Above is the western version of "The Good Samaritan". Sooo cute!!!
My niece, Brooklynn is in the center.
Karissa Bird - Jesus, out on the water and appearing to the disciples.

Christi and Tabby are the water for Jonah and the whale (shaking the sheet vigorously) while the girl behind uses a spray bottle to squirt the crowd.

Anthony helps Christi and her team design their banner.

Kathryn Johnson, ?, Trenton (my nephew), and Tyler Baker have been fishing all night and are bored to death!

My dear little friend, Kyle, played Zaccheaus and is trying to collect money. Let me tell you, these girls presented a hard argument!!

Our opening screen

One of the buildings - jail. Our "sheriff" would catch children being good throughout the service and at the closing would call them up to become deputies. The were given a badge, promised into office with their right hand in the air and then taken to the jail for a picture. They loved it!

Each team had to come up with a name and design their own identification banner.

Another team's design - they took it all the way and won team of the year. Points were given for total Bible Bowl questions, indoor game points, outdoor game points, skit production...

Josh Lee - his mom heard about camp the night before and wanted to send him. I wish she could have seen how much he enjoyed himself.

Letha Barr, one of my Kenwood Kidz, enjoying breakfast.

It was nice to have Connie, a close friend, helping out this year.

Here's Trey, he's my buddy! We share June birthdays and have gone to Burger King and then Johnny's Toys to celebrate for the last few years. He loved camp too.


My nieces, Brittany and Breanna, and daughter, Alicia, were Jr. CIT's (counselors in training). That means -- learning how to be a servant with fun included. They did an incredible job and we wore them out!! I had them stop in the middle of serving our "banquet" meal for this pose.

Anthony is now a CIT - he also continues to serve but has additional responsibilities caring for some of the boys - dorm "dad". He was great!!

I have over 100 pictures but that's enough for now...

Let me add, although we did have TONS of fun during all of our activities, I want to give special thanks to God for how He blessed us with His presence in every service. The children responded in worship and praise to God and during our prayer times they sincerely prayed and I know God bent low to listen. Our theme was "Tumbleweed Gulch - where God's love changes EVERYTHING!" Each day we focused on one idea - God's love changes our LIFE, DIRECTION, ATTITUDE, and FUTURE. Even though I have worked in Children's Ministry for over 20 years, I was again amazed and awed at the moving of God on the hearts of children. You just would had to have been there!

4 comments:

Barb (Glick) Kamph said...

Great pics! I am sure it was awesome. Char I remember you doing VBS in Philly the summer I had stayed there, was alot of fun and you were good even then and that was like one of your first, I think. Love catching up with your family on the blog.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun. I have to bring Trey one of these summers!!!

Nancy said...

What fun! I'm so glad you posted these pictures. I have been thinking about you all week. Lauren would have LOVED to come,but I thought the boys were still just a tad little. I think I might try it next year when they can enjoy it more. As always, I'm so amazed at your creativity!

Vonnie said...

Looks like alot of fun!!